Is One Syringe of Restylane Enough to Fill Both of my Under Eye Bags?

I was thinking of getting a groupon for one syringe of restylane and 25 units of botox for upper eyelid lifts. I am only 18 and my under eye bags make me look old and tired all the time.

+1

A photo or an evaluation would be best to determine how many syringes on Restylane you would benefit from. Most patients see a significant difference BUT if you have deep under eye bags, you may need 2 syringes to see full correction. Tear troughs is a very sensitive area to treat, seek a reputable injector to provide a smooth end result you wish to achieve.

Best regards 

How much Restylane for the under eye area?

+1

The answer to your question, as with many questions in plastic surgery, is "it depends." For most of my patients, 1 - 2 syringes of Restylane are sufficient to fill the under-eye hollows ("tear troughs").  For younger patients, this is especially true.  Combining the filler with a small amount of Botox for the area between the brows and to give a little upper eyelid lift makes for a very nice treatment with little to no downtime.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much restylane to injected dark circles under eyes?

+1

The under eye area, especially in a person under 30 usually requires very small amounts of Restylane to achieve excellent cosmetic outcomes.  Conservative injection will go a long way and run a lower risk of a unwanted side effects.  As always, seek the service of an expert, board certified specialist.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Restylane under the eyes

+1

Dear HappycookieE,

1. One syringe may or may not be enough, and I frequently inject between 1-2 syringes
  2. I would really avoid going to a doctor or nurse injector who does not have a lot of experience injecting under the eyes
  3. The under eye area is the most complicated area to inject with no room for error
  4. If it is not done right, you can have lumps, a blue tint to the skin, and otherwise unsatisfactory results
  5. This is one area where you should not skimp on the injection, the eyes are the first place people look when they see your face, make sure it is done correctly

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Stay conservative

+1

I would recommend

a. a thorough consult to assess that filler and Botox is in fact what you need

b. if that is what is decided, to stay conservative and returning for more if you still desire additional filler rather than risking over filling and being unhappy.

The under eye area is a very sensitive area and product takes longer to dissolve with Hyaluronidase if you are unhappy. Definitely go to a provider with great experience with tear trough filling.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

How many syringes of Restylane needed for under eyes?

+1

Restylane can be used successfully to help with the appearance under the eyes, but everyone is different, so some people need more and some need less.  I would say that in general, I would think that one syringe (1cc) would be enough for under the eyes in most people.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under eye filler

+1

Usually one syringe of Restylane will be enough to give you a nice result for your under eyes.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Under eye filler with Restylane

+1

Having under eye bags, which are actually fat pads, can make us look tired and old, even at the age of 18! Restylane is a wonderful filler for improving this common problem. Here are some thoughts to consider:

• Have a consultation with an experienced physician who frequently places filler in the under eye area. This is a more challenging area for placing fillers than other facial areas.
  • My bias, as a physician, is that a physician is better qualified than a non-physician injector for treating this area. You want someone who understands the anatomy and possible complications of putting filler under the eye and knows how to deal with any problems that might occur
  • Groupons sound enticing, but you may get what you pay for, a cheap price and a cheap result. Do you really want to take that risk?

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for lower eyelids

+1

For most patients, one vial of Restylane is enough to fill the lower eyelids, but there is no way to assess your situation with photos or examining you in person. Some patients also need filler in the upper cheeks to help blend the eyelid-cheek junction, which would require an additional 1-2 vials. 25 units of Botox should be plenty for a Botox brow lift.

I would caution you against picking a doctor (or non-physician injector) based on saving money with a groupon. The under eye area is difficult to treat and you should only go to a doctor who is an expert in treating this area. 

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon