Restalyne and Boxing. What Would Happen if I Got Hit On Injection Site?

I box spar often and considering getting fillers in the under eye area. If I were to get hit in the eye area, what would happen to the fillers? Would it get infected, clump up, or would it be likely that the tyndall effect can occur? How long should I wait before I can spar? Thank you kindly.

Restylane and boxing

+1

It's doubtful that one punch would cause the Restylane to change, however one punch could be one step closer to rhinoplasty, orbital fracture/trauma, concussion, etc.

+1

I agree with Dr Steinsapir that Restylane and boxing are likely to be safe. However, Restylane or Juvederm will be used to cover up subtle soft tissue lines or hollows. Whereas boxing puts you at risk for significant soft tissue trauma vs. not to subtle fractures of your facial bones. I would also recommend waiting on the Restylane until you're not boxing.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Let's get real.

+1

Boxing is messing up your face.  Could you have a problem with restylane treatment do to a well placed punch?  Of course.  How likely is this?  It could happen.  My best advice is to save your money for fixing your face once you have decided not to use your face as a punching bag.