Should You Have Under Eye Fillers Injected if You Have Syringoma Under Your Eyes?

I have dark hollows in my tear trough area and have been wanting to get Restylane injected, but I also have syringoma under my eyes. I am wondering if the filler will make the syringoma looks worse or if it might help in hiding the tiny bumps?

Treating Superficial Growths Around The Eyes Complements Filler Treatments Around The Eyes

+1

Our eyes command so much attention on the part of outside observers that practically anything we do to enhance the attractiveness of this region can make a disproportionate improvement in our overall appearance. Given that any growths, be they skin tags, milia (small cysts), hydrocystomas (water bubble-like growths), moles, syringomas and a variety of other common and not so common skin conditions affecting the upper and lower lids can seriously detract from our appearance, removal of these can play an essential part of beautifying and rejuvenating the eye unit, as a whole.

Most of these kinds of growths can be easily removed in a matter of seconds by electrocautery treatment, scissor, or scalpel sculpting removal under local anesthesia--depending upon the precise condition. Healing is generally rapid. Such treatments make a terrific complement to filler and volumizer treatments of the under eyes and eyebrow regions. The various growths are in a different level of the skin and are not affected by the deeper location of the fillers and volumizers. 

Web reference: http://youngerlookingwithoutsurgery.com

Syringoma treatments for the face and eyelids

+1

Syringoma treatment can be very effective.  I treat many of these patients and have found that hyfrecation and selective fractional co2 work well together for syringomas of the eyelids.  

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/71/syringoma-treatment.aspx

Fillers if you have Syringomas

+1

The injection of fillers like restylane and juvederm which are injected fairly deep would in no way impact a person who has syringomas around and under their eyes. I have treated patients with both and have had only terrific results.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

In general, the two problems are separate, but each person is individual.  Therefore, you should see a qualified eyelid injector and someone who treats syringomas for the best answer.

Web reference: http://www.neweyelids.com/

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid filler

+1

Eyelid fillers are injected deep in the eyelids and won't interfere with any problem on the skin surface.

Web reference: http://www.TabanMD.com

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

These are really very separate issues.

+1

Generally the syringomas are removed using cautery.  They tend to heal very well.  Filling the under eye hollow will not alter the presence of the syringoma.  I recommend a consultation with a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory on its website that will help you find a well qualified surgeon.

Your Tear Troughs Would Look Much Better But The Syringomas Will Probably Look the Same After Filler Injections

+1

Syringomas are tiny sweat gland tumors located within the substance of the skin. Since Restylane injections for tear troughs are usually injected deep to the skin (usually under the Orbicularis muscle) they are certainly safe to do, and would likely not change the overall appearance of the syringomas. While it is possible that they could become more noticeable as the tissue is filled underneath them, it is very unlikely this would occur. Unfortunately, I do not think that Restylane would make them any less noticeable as well. Good luck.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Syringoma Look Worse after Fillers?

+1

Hi SM.  Without seeing you, it's difficult to say for sure, but it's possible that the Syringoma may be more visible or prominent after the under eye injections.  The reason is that the injection plumps the area under the eye moving it outward and forward.

With that said, you can have it all.  We treat both Syringoma and offer the under eye injections and we have an office right up the road in Orange, CA.  We offer a free consultation.  Click through and call the number on our website to schedule.  Thanks.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/RestylaneInjectionsBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx