Is there any side effects to removing Blue Temple Veins at 30 years of age?

Hi is there any side effects to removing Blue Temple Veins at 30 years of age? I mean the blood flow after the veins have been removed? Will the return blood flow rate be decreased? And will other veins be under greater pressure when they take over?

Removing Temple Veins

+2

Around the age of 30 is when patients start to notice the blue veins around their temples and eyes with thinning of the skin, and is who I commonly treat.  The procedure is relatively safe in the right hands, and in less than 5 minutes a long-pulsed 1064nm Nd:YAG laser can shrink the blood vessel, making it barely perceptible.  Blood flow is redirected to the multiple surrounding veins, so it is not a problem.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Blue temple veins

+2

I agree that there is no concern for blood flow of the face if the temple veins are removed.  I recommend consultation with a board certified physician who is experienced in laser removal of blue temple/periorbital veins to achieve the best result. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

No side effects.

+2

The blood supply to the face is copious and there are no side effects to removing the prominent blue temporal veins that you see. There are many collateral veins to compensate for any veins that would be removed.  There should also be no increase in size of any remaining veins.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Treating Temple Veins

+1
There are no untoward or detrimental side effects from treating temple veins from a physiological point of view. This will NOT cause more veins to form or veins to form in other part of the face, forehead, scalp or other. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Removing Blue Temple Veins?

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend consulting with a vascular surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist