Does Contractubex Gel Work for Scars?

i had an accident 1 month ago and i had to go to hospital for 20 stiches on my forehead. now i rub contractubex twice a day -- will that remove my scar?

Traumatic scar on forehead

You can treat your trauma -induced scar with silicone sheathing, Cica care application daily until it goes down.  You can also try non-ablative lasers like Laser Genesis.  Fractional laser can also be usedf for improving the scar appearance.

New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon

Scar revision on the forehead for a bad scar

I believe that this scar will be improved with a combination of topical, laser, and surgical protocols that I use in my practice.  The laser will help texture and color, while a scar revision will improve the overall contour and noticeability.  Feel free to contact our office if you have a difficult scar.

In terms of topical creams for scars, our topical of choice is Plato's Scar Serum for hypertrophic scars and Plato's Dark Scar Corrector for dark scars.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS