How to Remove Scar from Wart Removal?

10 years ago, I had gone through removing warts electrically from my lips that produced 2 scars. One on my upper lip which is small on the left side, white and raised. And the other is on the lower lip which is about 5mm length and width. It extends in size with time (what could stop it from extending?) and a little bit lighter than my lip color.

What is the proper solution for me? Will scar revision work or will it leave a worse scar? I am so depressed and confused. Please help me.

Wart Removal Scar Revision

+2

In Plastic Surgery a picture IS worth a 1,000 words. Without a photograph, it is impossible to advise you accurately.

But - cauterizing lesions off, while it may be fast, leaves behind sub-optimal wide lighter pigmented scars. The lip can tolerate the removal of large section (20 to 30%) for cancer and still have barely visible scarring. In your case, your scars would need to be removed and the resulting scars placed vertically within the lip's relaxed tension lines. Although you will have scars, when healed they will be barely visible.

Dr. P. Aldea

Treating facial scars from surgery

+1

Wart removal scars on the face can be improved with fractional co2 laser skin resurfacing to even out the texture of the skin.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS