How to Improve an Indented Appendectomy Scar?

what is the best way to remove or make less noticabl a appendectomy scar that is indented. I had an appendectomy 40 years ago. My scar is wide and is now indented and has a small lump of fat on the top. I am 5 ft. 6 in. and weigh 133 lbs. I would like to wear a two piece swimsuit. What are my options.

Scar Revision usually

+1

Without seeing the scar it is difficult to know but scar revision usually works well for indented or wide scars.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Improving an indented appendectomy scar

+1

Sometimes scar revision alone will give you satisfactory improvement. Sometimes it's necessary to combine scar revision with judicious liposuction. And sometimes a complete tummy tuck (which totally eliminates the original scar) is the best choice. Based on your weight, my best guess is that you would have all of these options available to you. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and discuss your goals with you will help determine what will be the best route.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon