Is It Difficult to Treat a Keloid Scar (Pea Sized Lump) in the Upper Lip?

I had a bad fall, and a tree branch tore my lip and upper lip. It is still painful after three and a half weeks. I was told by a doctor that the pea-sized lump under my scar is a keloid. I'm worried, as everything I read suggests this will be difficult to treat. Will it be treatable?

Keloids on the upper lip

+1

I would begin treatment immediately for the upper lip keloid, including IIT, laser, and possibly surgery. 

Keloid scar in the lip

+1

A lumpy/bumpy scar in the lump is typically treated with either a cortisone injection or cutting out the bump. See your dermatologist or plastic surgeon to discuss the best option for you. Time alone may help, as may massaging it. 

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon