How to Get Rid of Dimple on a Butt Cheek?

I have a dimple in one of my butt cheeks. It looks like a huge hole. What causes it and how do I get rid of it?

Fat grafting for buttock dimple

+1

A contour irregularity or dimple of the buttocks can be congenital or have a variety of causes. There may have been a history of injections in the buttocks as a child (a common delivery method for antibiotics or vaccinations) which may have resulted in shrinking of some of the fatty tissue and scar build up under the skin leading to the indentation. A history of trauma of this area can lead to the same problem.

For correction or improvement, a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to give you options and realistic expectations is essential.

Typically some procedure to break up the underlying scar tissue combined with fat grafting (taking fat from one area of the body and placing it into another area) is the best options.

good luck,

Dr. Sean Simon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.