Reduction of Redness on my Facial Hypertrophic Scar

I sustained a facial (chin) injury at the age of 4 when I slipped on ice & fell face first onto a flagstone, which resulted in a scar that healed in an awkward concaved manor. 10 months ago, now at the age of 28, I had the scar excised; however there is still a very noticeable red scar on my chin. Do you have any recommendations to speed up the reduction of the redness? 5-ku? Kenalog? Laser treatments? Silicone gel? Specific combinations? Which would show the best improvements?

Pulsed dye laser and Melarase for dark and red scars on the nose and face

+1
I believe the pulsed dye laser works best when used in combination with Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams to reduce redness and hyperpigmentation. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Treatment of red scars

+1

Pulsed dye laser treatment works very well to decrease the redness of a scar. The scar also appears depressed; therefore, consider subcision to raise the indented scar.

Cheryl M. Burgess, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon