Reduction of Redness on my Facial Hypertrophic Scar

I sustained a facial (chin) injury at the age of 4 when I slipped on ice & fell face first onto a flagstone, which resulted in a scar that healed in an awkward concaved manor. 10 months ago, now at the age of 28, I had the scar excised; however there is still a very noticeable red scar on my chin. Do you have any recommendations to speed up the reduction of the redness? 5-ku? Kenalog? Laser treatments? Silicone gel? Specific combinations? Which would show the best improvements?

Pulsed dye laser and Melarase for dark and red scars on the nose and face

+1
I believe the pulsed dye laser works best when used in combination with Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams to reduce redness and hyperpigmentation. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Treatment of red scars

+1

Pulsed dye laser treatment works very well to decrease the redness of a scar. The scar also appears depressed; therefore, consider subcision to raise the indented scar.

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon