Breasts Too High After Breast Reduction - Will They Settle Lower?

I just had a reduction and my breasts are too high up... I know that sounds like an odd thing to say because your that is the point of a reduction but they almost look like pecs....I am very unhappy right now, what should I do? Will they "settle" or fall down over time like breast implants do?

Breast Reduction Results?

+1

Yes, the breasts do tend to “drop and settle” with time. You will notice this happening for the first several months after surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Early post-op on reduction

+1

If it is very early, then they might look a bit high initially. Usually they settle down and fall a bit.

Discuss with your surgeon.

+1

Unfortunately, gravity always wins. Your breasts will start to sag again over time. The extent to which they fall is dependent upon several different factors so every patient will have different results.

However, breast being too high after a reduction is not a common complaint. I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon as I cannot advise without examining you. He/she should be able to give you the best advice.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Breast reduction [with video]

+1

Yes, all things settle with time. Watch my video and you can see the difference after one year. If they are not high to begin with, they will be too low, flat with time. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breasts might settle

+1

Things do settle over the first few months after a breast reduction. What does your surgeon say? This might be OK or might be a problem. Without seeing you it is difficult to tell.

Best Regards.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Are Breasts too high after Breast reduction Permanent?

+1

Sadly, it is the nature, fate and curse of all perky body parts to sag and smooth skin to wrinkle.

Although often lifted and augmented breasts MAY appear "too tall" that is rarely the case and they almost never remain in that location. Gravity and time will always win.

I would recommend you discuss your concern with your plastic surgeon and see what he/she says to assure you.

Breasts high after a reduction

+1

This is an unsusal issue but best answered by your surgeon.  Most all tissues do settle and stretch with time so ask them what to expect.  They know you best! 

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Breasts often come down after breast reduction.

+1

HI.

See your surgeon! It is hard to advise you without seeing you. This is an uncommon complaint after breast reduction, so I think you may have some type of deformity.