Red Line on Nose Post Rhinoplasty

I got my rhinoplasty done about 7.5 months ago but since yesterday, i noticed red straight line on my nose where silicone was placed. (it's between eyes where glasses often hang) The surgeon broke the little hump and put in 2 mm silicone to have the height matched... additionally, raised my tip with an ear cartilage. It neither hurts nor seem swollen. i don't wear glasses, only wear sunglasses once in a while, even then, any lines disappeared within hours. i would really appreciate any input.

Red Line Post Silicone Placement during Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sure it is not coincidence that the red line is adjacent to the silicone implant or injection. Schedule a consult with your surgeon to determine if there is an infection, the silicone is moving or is causing an inflammatory reaction.

Red line on nose following silicone injections after nose job rhinoplasty

+1

This could be a sign of an early infection or reaction, I would consider meeting with my plastic surgeon to discuss

Red line

+1

Hard to tell without a picture, but may be a combination of the skin being irritated from too much pressure from the glasses, as they compress the silicone implant from the underside.

I would recommend you go back to your original Doctor.

Dr Siegel

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon