What is Recovery Time on Lower Facelift?

Plan A Two Week Recovery After Lower Face And Neck Lift

+4

Thank you for your question.  Recovery time varies greatly between patients and among different surgeons.

However I advise my patients to plan a 2 week recovery following lower facelift and neck lift surgery.  Although you will feel well and able to be up and around and go for walks the first 2-3 days after surgery you will have swelling and bruising especially in the neck which can take 2 weeks to resolve.  Many patients after 5-6 days will apply makeup to cover the bruising and be comfortable going back to a non-lifting or non-stressful job.

However I think its best plan a 2 week recovery.  In addition for you to look normal and feel comfortable for an important social event such as a wedding or photography session I would plan on waiting 6 weeks.

Recovery time on lower facelift

+1
This only takes 1 week - 10 days! 
Stitches stay in for this period of time. There is not much downtime and return to work is not an issue.
There is swelling and need for healing beyond this initial period of time. It takes about 4 months to 12 months for scars to settle. Work can be done to optimize the scar and your surgeon can give you her/his regimen.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Recovery Time for Lower Facelift

+1
While the recovery time for a lower face lift varies with each patient, most people are fine to return to their usual activities in about 10 days to 2 weeks. There still may be some residual swelling and bruising at this time, but it almost always can be covered with make up. Immediately after the procedure you will have significant swelling and this generally starts to resolve in 2-3 days. There are some "spa"/office treatments such as ultrasound and LED applications that may make the recovery even quicker. Be sure to ask your physician if he/she offers them. In my medspa "A Spa Above", we offer those treatments to all cosmetic surgery patients - including them in the procedure fee. We feel that it is important to have all of our patients recover as quickly as possible!

Louis C. Cutolo, Jr., MD, FACS

Surgical facelift vs. Ultherapy recovery

+1

A lower facelift or necklift requires some downtime. For patients who do not desire prolonged downtime, the Ultherapy procedure provides an excellent alternative. Our office specializes in Ultherapy and surgical facelifts. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Facelift Recovery Time

+1

The recovery time from a Lower Facelift, Lite Lift, Quick Lift, Lifestyle lift, etc, is affected by many different factors, but patients are generally presentable within two- three weeks of the procedure. Patients should expect swelling, bruising, and discoloration of the skin during this phase of recovery. Swelling normally starts to decrease after 48 hours and most bruising will go away within two weeks. For further information see the link below

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Recovery After Lower Facelift

+1

Typical recovery time after lower facelift is 3-5 days. After this most people are ready to leave the house, resume light activities, and return to office work. There may be bruising for up to 2 weeks depending on the exact type of surgery and individual variables. Light exercise can resume at 2 weeks and sports and heavy exercise at 4 weeks.

Cory Goldberg, MD

Face lift recuperation recovery

+1

I advise my patients to leave the house on the first day after surgery. This promotes well being and circulation.   They are advised to wear elastic bandages for one week as much as possible.

Most patients may return to the public eye at 7-10 days post procedure.

For patients with mild skin laxity and jowls a liposuction of the jowls and neckline or a Cellulaze Sidelaze procedure may afford similar results as a lower facelift with less risk.

Please consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Recovery Time after Lower Facelift

+1

The amount of recovery will depend on the extent of your facelift.  In general most patients are able to resume their social activities at 1-2 weeks and exercise after 2-3 weeks.

Jill Hessler, MD
Palo Alto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery for a Lower Face Lift

+1

Recovery for a Lower Face Lift is determined by what technique is used, your age and overall health. For the most part, recovery is about one week and for some approximately two weeks. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to see if you are a good candidate and what your anticipated recovery time will be.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower Face/Neck Lifts Recovery.

+1

Lower face/neck lifts do great now that they can be done under local anesthesia safely and give such natural results for roughly $6000. Recovery is quicker and there is less bruising and swelling and you are back to work in 1 week and exercising in 2 weeks. The incisions are hid now so most friends don't even know you've had it done. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon