Recovery Time After Breast Implants Replacement

Hello, I am from South America and please excuse me for my englisch !! My Breast implants were done in 2007 and I had during the recovery terrible and horrible pain. So, I just found out that my silicone breast implants are from PIP. They are under the Muscle and I am going to change them to an other Brand and from 380 CC to 450 CC. How long will I expect to recovery ? Will I have less Pain than the first surgery ??

Breast Implant Replacement Recovery time

+1

Post-Operative Healing following Breast revision varies from patient to patient and recovery recommendations also vary among different plastic surgeons - Best advice is to ask your surgeon his recommendations.
Below is what is typical for my practice.

Revision surgery is much less uncomfortable than your original surgery.
This is an outpatient surgery and you will  probably go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines.
In my practice - Sutures are dissolvable but the ending knot is removed within 1-2 weeks.
Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days and return to work for light duty 1-2 weeks following surgery

Recovery after implant exchange

+1

Usually striaghtforward  implant exchange is an easier procedure with a shorter easier recovery. However, if pocket revison is required it may be more involved and may cause some discomfort.

Recovery Time after Breast Implant Replacement?

+1

I think you will be pleasantly surprised as to how easy recovery is after removal/replacement of breast implants. Keep in mind, that the stretching of the pectoralis muscle ( with the initial operation)  has already occurred- the planned operation should be much less painful.

Recovery time after implant replacement surgery varies

+1

For a simple removal and replacement of breast implants, recovery is usually very quick and there is not much discomfort. However, if additional revisions are needed such as altering the pocket for the new implants, it can be longer. In general though I would expect recovery to be much easier.

Richard Baxter, MD