Could I Go from 500 Cc to 1000 Cc?

I currently have 500 cc HP silicone implants and want to go larger, desirably to 1000 cc. I am 5'10" and weigh 185 lbs. I have always had small upper body but large hips and legs. I like large breasts and want mine to be proportionate to the rest of my body, otherwise why bother going thru painful and expensive surgery? Most doctors don't talk about extra large implants, in fact they seem to be discouraging the idea. How should I approach the question during a consultation?

Time, weight and gravity

+2

Body image is different for each individual.   What one person feels is attractive others may think differently.   The main problem with overly large implants is due to stress on the soft tissue due to the weight of the implant.   Time, weight and gravity are not on your side.  

Larger Breast Implants?

+2

There is nothing to be embarrassed about " liking larger breasts”. The important thing is to communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon.

In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful. .I have found that the use of words such as “larger” or “DD cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Going XL

+1

I have lots of experience with XL implants, and the most important thing is to find a surgeon willing to go as big as you want, have a consultation, and see what their recommendations are. XL implants can be tricky and certain steps need to be taken to reduce the likelihood of complications, but patients do love them!

Donald R. Revis Jr, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

1000 cc Breast Implants

+1

I am not surprised that you are meeting some resistence from many Plastic Surgeons.  Any implant in that range is considered very large and the reasons we discourage it is because it can have significnatly higher rate of complications. It can also cause atrophy of the breast tissue that you have and also can cause a concave deformity of your ribcage, not to mention potential problems with you back, neck and spine.  If you are determined to do this, you will need to find a board certified plastic surgeon willing to do it, which may be difficult. Please do not go to a non-board certified plastic surgeon or someone who says they are a "certified cosmetic surgeon". 

Matthew Schulman, MD

1000 cc implants

+1

First the largest implant made in the US is 800 cc's. Saline implants can be overfilled to 1000 I suppose. Either way, these implants are very large and the heavier the implant the more problems you can have.

Super sized breast implants??

+1

The question about 1000 cc. breast implants is not could it be done ,but rather should it be done. Think about adding another 21/2 lbs to your chest and the ramifications on your spine , shoulder muscles, and skin before you do this-and theshape of your breasts as you age.

Please see my previous posts on this subject on this site

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Large Breast Augmentation

+1

You may have the chest size and the desire to handle 1000cc implants, but the real limiting issue is the size of available breast implants. The largest silicone gel implant that is available is 800cc. The largest saline breast implant is also 800cc but it can be filled to 960cc per manufacturer's recommendations. In essence, you can get there in saline but silicone implants. Whether that should be done and would be advised by different plastic surgeons is variable. The issue is whether you have the soft tissue to support that size of implant over the long-term.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD