Recovery from Pubic Liposuction - Male

I had pubic liposuction 5 days ago. I have the following concerns: 1. Bruising and swelling of the groin, scrotum and penile shaft. 2. A soft 'lump' of swelling on one side of the penile shaft - ugly. 3. The penis seems shorter than before. Is this due to the shock of the procedure? Will it return to normal size? Are all these symptoms normal? How long until they clear up and I see the final result? On a positive note I have had spontaneous erections every day since the op, so it still works

Pubic Liposuction Causes A Lot of Temporary Penile and Scrotal Swelling and Bruising

+2

What you are experiencing is absolutely normal after pubic liposuction. What I tell all males that receive liposuction in the pubic area is that they will have a large amount of bruising and swelling of the penile shaft and scrotum afterwards...usually shockingly so. Gravity and the availability of a soft tissue receptable below makes for a good site for collection of blood and liposuction fluid. It may get so swollen that the penis will be more buried.This will take about 3 weeks to completely go away. But as you have already noted, things are working fine which is a sign that, despite how it looks right now, all will be well.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyliposuction.com/

Pubic Liposuction

+2

Don't Worry!  The effects from swelling after pubic or lower abdominal liposuction can be very dramatic - especially in males.  It is not unusual for your scrotum and penis to have considerable swelling.  The swelling may make your penis look shorter since it is surrounding your penis.  Additionally, the bruising may make everything look dark purple.  However, don't worry.  This is all temporary is will resolve in about a week's time.  There is no permanent effect / consequence from the swelling or bruising.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Normal bruising after liposuction

+1

For men fat tends to be stored in the intra-abdominal compartment. This is visceral fat and can not be liposuctioned. This visceral fat can only be lost by diet and exercise.   The risks for men are the same as for women.  The most common area men request liposuction is the lower abdomen and love handle areas.   Bruising of the penis is not uncommon since there is a very loose soft tissue plane between the abdomen and genital area.    Continue to follow instructions from your plastic surgeon as far as wearing a compression garment.

Liposuction of the lower abdomen will cause swelling and bruising of the groin

+1

What you describe is expected.  It all resolves usually, within a few weeks. See your surgeon for reassurance.  

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/liposuction/index.html

Swelling in the groin area after liposuction

+1

I remember the first time I did liposuction of the abdomen/pubic area of a male,  I was frightened by what I saw postoperative!

Now I tell my male patients your private parts will look like some body kicked them several times (it gives a great visual aid!)

What you describe is normal but should improve with time (usually 2-4 weeks after surgery).

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Male pubic liposuction and swelling

+1

We tell all of our male patients having abdominal or pubic liposuction to expect a blue, swollen area for a few weeks after surgery.  Your penis appears shorter, likely due to the surrounding swelling.  It should look fine once the swelling resolves, which can take some weeks.  Talk to your surgeon to be sure you're doing all you should be doing during your recovery to optimize your results.

Swelling and bruising is very normal after pubic liposuction.

+1

Swelling and bruising is very normal after pubic liposuction. The swelling is more prominent 2-3 days after surgery and can sometimes become VERY uncomfortable if the scrotum begins to swell.  The best way to treat this is to keep the scrotum elevated and with gentle compression.  An athletic supporter works well for this.

The bruising in the scrotum/penis and inner thighs can last for weeks sometimes.  They can even have a deep purple discoloration if the bruising is severe.

Small lumps are also normal and with some massage and manual therapy most of the lumps should resolve.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Pubic liposuction

+1

Pubic liposuction will cause bruising and swelling and may make the penis look smaller initially because of this.  Give it time to heal.

Pubic liposuction

+1

Sydney4704... what you are describing is not unusual.  Because of gravity swelling and bruising goes down and creates the situation you described.  Give it time and you will be back to normal.  Expect 2-4 weeks for most of the swelling to subside.

Sincerely, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Recovery from Pubic Liposuction - Male

+1

All your questions are of concern to me. Why did not your surgeon/staff inform you of all these issues in your pre operative visit? Where you not given a post op instruction and care forms? Well anyway, what you are describing is very normal. I recommend you call the chosen surgeon to ask these questions in detail. From MIAMI