Recovery from a Male Tummy Tuck

What is the recovery for a male getting a tummy tuck? Similar to a womans recovery? I am trying to figure out length to be out of work

Recovery from Tummy tuck

+1

I generally recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity (no exercise) for 4 to 6 weeks after tummy tuck. After six weeks, I encourage patients to slowly resume exercise routines *gradually*. Remember, during the six week postoperative period - you will be deconditioned. I do prepare patients do notice some increased swelling once exercise is resumed. Over the next several weeks, this post-exercise edema will no longer manifest.  If swelling manifests during your workout routine, you may benefit from use of compression garments.   But please check with your surgeon with respect to his/her specific recommendations.  Enjoy your results!

Dr. Basu

Recovery after Male tummy tuck is usually faster than woman's

+1

Many times there is no muscle repair needed during a male tummy tuck. If this is the case with you, the recovery will be faster than a full tummy tuck with muscle repair on a woman.  You should expect to be in pain for a week, sore for another week, then start to feel better each day. My male patients are often cleared for full activity in 3 weeks. Good Luck.

Tummy Tuck Recovery Time Schedule

+1

Immediately after surgery, within the first few hours,  patients will walk in a slightly bent-over position.  During the 6 weeks after surgery, strenuous activity and the lifting of more than ten pounds must be avoided.  Many patients are able to return to light work and daily activities within 2-3 weeks of surgery.  Softening of the surgical scars, return of sensation, and loosening of the tight sensation may take several months. Abdominoplasty recovery can be in some cases slow and uncomfortable requiring more time for a full recovery. Light activity is comfortable in 10-20 days. Sports will be more comfortable after 6 weeks. Healing is similar between the sexes.

Web reference: http://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/body/tummy-tuck/#poh

Male tummy tuck recovery

+1

Typically the recovery from a tummy tuck is similar for males and females.  Most patients will require narcotic pain medication for up to a week.  Drains will be placed during surgery and left in for 1-2 weeks.  Most male patients can plan to return to work in 2-3 weeks unless their job requires heavy lifting more than 20 lbs.  Patients are restricted from heavy lifting for at least 4 weeks in most cases.  Bruising and swelling will be present for a number of weeks, and scars may remain pink for up to a year or more.

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Male TT recovery

+1

The recovery after abdominoplasty (tummy-tuck) in men seems to be a bit easier than in women.  Pregnancy in women causes anatomical changes that are not really seen with the typical male weight loss patient.  Pregancy causes a characteristic separation (diastasis) of the rectus muscles.  This muscle issue is a significant part of a tummy-tuck in a woman.  In men, tummy-tuck is often just a skin & fat procedure.  In these cases the recovery is obviously easier than the typical abdominoplasty in women.  For most women there is a significant separation of these muscles that is necessary to change the shape and appearance of the abdomen.  In cases where these muscles do need to be repaired in men, the recovery would be comparable. In most cases my patients return to work in about a week- rarely longer than that.  This is appropriate for sedentary work

Web reference: http://www.psurgery.com

Recovery after male tummy tuck

+1

Recovery is very similar to female tummy tucks.   The majority of my patients can return to deskwork at 2 weeks and labor jobs by 4-6 weeks.    Again, healing is subjective and individualized to each patient.   More or less time may be necessary depending on you.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Recovery after male tummy tuck

+1

I would expect one to be able to return to light work in 2-3 weeks and heavy work in 6-8 weeks.

If muscle repair of the six pack muscles is needed, please add another 2-3 weeks.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Downtime for a male tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is less than for a female.

+1

Most men do not need repair of the abdominal wall as part of an abdominoplasty that is almost always needed in a female who has had children.  This will significantly decrease the discomfort and convalescence.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,21-atlanta-abdominoplast.htm

Recovery after male tummy tuck

+1

Recovery should be the same for both sex.  Generally the patient is out of work for 10-14 days depending on their type of work.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Recovery after tummy tuck for men

+1

Tummy tucks for both men and women involve removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen, and possible repair of separation of the rectus muscles. The procedure requires a minimum of 2 weeks for recovery, although full activity (heavy lifting, etc.) should not be resumed for at least 4-6 weeks.