How Long is the Recovery from Brow Lift?

I am getting a Brow lift in 2 weeks and I am wondering how long the recovery is?

How much pain will I be in after the procedure and how safe is it?

Recovery time from a brow lift

Recovery time from a standard brow lift is usually about 2 wks. Your recovery can be sooner if you can sleep without laying on your back. I generally advice my patients to sleep in their lounge chairs, easy chairs anything that will keep you from laying down. You can also buy those neck pillows people take with them on air-flights to help keep your head up right. Keeping your head elevated helps keep swelling and bruising at a minimum. Discontinue pain relievers that contain aspirin also helps. Usually, pain is not an issue with this procedure. Patients complain of  'tightness' more than pain. I ask that patients abstain from chewing anything that requires them to chew for too long. Do not do anything that will raise your blood pressure for at least 3wks ie, exercise, heavy lifting, straining, etc. Hope you find this info helpful, best wishes!

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift

To be  in a public eye I recommed the patient two weeks.  Most patient fell very good after three or four days and if you have brusses this are not retectable after a week for most patients.

Most patiets  can be in a public eye after two week with no detectability.   Discoloration desapeard after the first week in most cases, and minimal disconfort.

Browlift Recovery Time

There are a variety of browlift procedures, and they each vary in terms of recovery time. Most commonly, the endoscopic procedure requires 6 days, the midforehead 8 days, and the lateral and trichophytic approaches all require 4 to 7 days for near complete recovery and presentability.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift recovery

This really depends on the technique used and what you define as recovery. Standard recovery in brow surgery is 10-21 days. Usually after 2 weeks you can begin routine activity no matter which technique is used.  To decrease discomfort and swelling, laying with the head of your bed elevated (or in a recliner the first week or so) is very helpful.  Pain after the procedure depends on the technique used and the medication you are taking after surgery. This a safe and very satisfying procedure for both the patient and the surgeon.

Recovery from Brow Lift

There are multiple ways to perform a Brow Lift and the recovery time can vary depending on the procedure performed.  Most people can return to normal, non-strenuous activities within 3 - 5 days.  It may take 1 - 2 weeks for visible swelling and bruising to resolve to the point that others cannot detect that a procedure was performed.  However, your body will be healing for several months after the procedure, but you will look good and feel good long before the healing process is complete.  Pain with Brow Lift procedures is typically mild, but the perception of pain varies from one patient to another.  I hope this information is helpful.

Michael Boggess, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from brow lift

browlift recovery depend on which technique  used : open or closed

in both technics, we can expect a lot of swelling, some bruising around the eye.

patient need to slow his activity the first week

he can go back to normal activity afterword. important social activities should better be delayed to 2 −3 weeks form surgery

Jacques Haddad, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from Brow lift

We recommend our brow lift patients consider a 1 week social downtime following surgery. We perform brow lift through incisions that are well hidden within and/or behind the hairline using endoscopic technique. There may still be some residual swelling at that 1 week point, but it is of significance. Bruising, if still present at 1 week after brow lift, is well hidden with mineral-based makeup.

Rami K. Batniji, MD

Browlift Recovery Time

Recover following browlift surgery will typically take 7 to 14 days.  This is affected by the type of technique utilized, extent of correction needed, and whether or not other surgeries (such as blepharoplasty) are involved.

A coronal browlift is more invasive with a larger incision.  This approach takes somewhat longer to fully heal but the results can be very dramatic.  More common is a minimally-inasive endoscopic brow lift.  This technique can provide more subtle but significant improvement with smaller incisions and faster healing time.

Regardless of technique recommended, recovery is typically very straight-forward with mild to moderate pain that is easily controlled with oral pain medication.  It will be important to minimize activity that might raise blood pressure(this causes bruising) and maintain head elevation to minimize swelling the first week following surgery.

Browlift Recovery Time

Following a Browlift, we generally advise our patients to take up to 2 weeks off to recover. The stitches come out within one week, and the majority of the swelling and bruising will be gone after 2 weeks. Pain Management is very important, so we always give our patients prescription medication to keep them comfortable and as pain-free as possible throughout the whole recovery period.
Browlift Surgery is extremely common, and the risks should be discussed entirely with your surgeon. However, choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon, an expert in the face, for your browlift is one of the ways to minimize possible risks associated with undergoing surgery.

Cory Torgerson
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is the recovery after forehead lifting?

The recovery from forehead lifting is dependent on the technique used. Traditional techniques such as a coronal brow lift had a long recovery period. Dr. De Silva utilises modern techniques such as endoscopic forehead lifting where the recovery is between 1-2 weeks. Most patients have minimal discomfort after the procedure that settles within 24-48 hours with oral analgesia. The recovery period can be reduced with the use of ice packs (bag of pees in a zipper container) every hour while awake for the first three days, resulting in a reduction in the amount of postoperative swelling. Usually the patient may return to normal non-strenuous activities 1 week after the procedure and by 2 weeks the forehead and eyelids are on average 90% improved. Initially the eyebrows maybe higher after surgery and then the eyebrows lower to their normal height, the final result is between 6-12months after surgery.