What is Recommended for a Woman in Her 70's for Loose Skin?

The main thing I want is to be rid of the loose skin on my neck (turkey neck)

Neck lines

+2

You will need to have the loose skin removed and will likely need suture tightening of the muscles. That means a facelift or a neck lift. Non-surgical approaches will not give you enough skin tightening.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Loose Skin Treatment

+2

Anytime there is loose skin - no matter where it is on the body - the best treatment is surgery.  There are many non-invasive procedures such as laser, but none come even close to the same results that can be achieved with surgery.  Without seeing pictures or examining you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, a lower facelift or neck lift is likely what you need.  Age is not a factor as long as you are healthy and you are a good surgical candidate.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Loose neck skin in 70 year old

+1

At age 70 most patients require skin excision to obtain the look they want.  Skin elasticity is less at this age and will not contract as well as in younger patients.  You may be able to correct the problem with a neck lift only but in my experience a facelift with the neck gives the best results.  As long as you are healthy there are no contraindications for this at age 70.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD