Obagi Blue Peel for Brown Skin?

Also from what I've read it is a "medium depth peel," so what would be the lightest concentration you could use to avoid any complications? Or are there lighter "superficial" peels you would recommend as safer for someone with an indian skin tone?

Obagi Blue Peel and Melarase creams

+1

I have performed an Obagi Blue Peel on darker skin types. I advise patients to use Melarase AM and Melarase PM prior to and after the peel.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Obagi Blue Peel for Brown Skin

+1

In my experience, once you have had several months of aggressive treatment with Obagi NuDerm,a deeper peel such as the Obagi Blue peel is often no longer necessary. A series of milder peels, such as glycolic acid peels, is much safer and can give you the same excellent results.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

I like Salicylic acid and Jessner peels

+1

My practice is in New Orlenas, so I treat a lot of darker skin. Darker skin is at greater risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. For this reason, I do a light peel series, or a SilkPeel series. Jessner and Theraplex peels are my favorite for safe results.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist