What Would You Recommend for Small Asian Frame Seeking Natural Looking Breast Implants?

I am 25 y.o asian, weigh 90 pounds, and am 5f1. I am seeking recommendations on what type of implant you would recommend for my small frame. The photos I've seen of implant goals are of patients with 150-230cc's with moderate or high profile projection. I had one initial consult and the Dr encouraged cc's that were higher, insinuating that a natural look would be a waste of going through plastic surgery. Any advice would be grateful appreciated! Thanks.

What size breast implants for a natural result

+3
Biodimensional planning can help your surgeon select a breast implant within the proper size range for you. It is important to have the right size and shape of an implant. Position of the breast implant is equally important. You don't want implants too high, too far apart. Even small breast implants, if not ideally laced can look unnatural.  

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Measurements of Your Current Body Contour Would Help Determine Implant Size For A Natural Result

+1
I use a technique known as dimensional breast augmentation in order to help my patients choose the best implant size or style. Every woman has a different body type and goal, meaning that the same implant won’t be satisfactory for all patients. Dimensional breast augmentation solves this problem by using a formula that calculates pre-surgery body measurements and expectations. This helps me find the most appropriate implant size and style to achieve the most natural-looking results.

To ensure that the formula works — and to help you visualize the prospective change — you will be given different sizers of breast implants to try on and assess. This ensures that the post-operative results will be as close to your intended results as possible. If trying on a certain size looks or feels unnatural, it’s easy to change before going forward with your procedure. As a result, you may benefit from the smaller sizes you mentioned to achieve a more natural look, however it really relies on a physical examination. This examination would involve taking measurements. Your original body contours (including height, weight, breast width, breast height and the distance that exists between the nipple and breast fold) alongside your desired cup size are assessed.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Size Concerns in Smaller Individual for Breast Augmentation

+1

I always try to guide patients as they are sizing.  To give an idea of what is average, the average breast implant placed in the US is 350 ml.  Therefore, 150 cc implant would be very small.  However, I never have a problem putting in a smaller implant.  It is always a technically easier operation.  

Small frame and implants

+1

I treat alot of women like you in NYC.  While you sound like a good candidate for implants, the only way to properly evaluate you is by seeing you in person and performing an exam and discussing your goals.  Without that it is impossible to say what is best.

Small frame and breast implants.

+1

Thanks for sharing your story. It seems you're pretty petite. It also sounds like you didin't have a good consult with the surgeon you saw. It's always a good idea to get at least 3 consultations before having surgery. Next time, be sure you a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Natural Looking Breast Implants?

+1

Without a photo of some additional measurements it is not easy to give much useful advice. If you have a chance to try on implants, I find that to be a useful tool in choosing implant size. At your size, the range of implants you seem to prefer will have a visible change. I would think about getting additional consultations until you find someone who seems to be listening to you.  

RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Small frame Asian patients do well with small implants

+1

For your frame, it would not be unusual to have a narrow breast diameter. The implants that work in this diameter are in the 220-280cc range. I'm in agreement with you that the sizes you mention are probably a good fit for you.

I prefer the moderate plus implants; the high profile implants work if the surgeon is willing to underfill them (but has higher incidence of deflation).

Also, it may be worth considering a saline implant because Asian skin does not hide the larger incision required by silicone implants.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

Implants

+1

i would advise you to find a surgeon that shares your expectations and who can deliver them also. The high profile implant is not right for many patients and do not provide natural results

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Natural breasts

+1

Regardless of the woman's size, the goal for breast enhancement/augmentation should be to provide a beautiful shape. Often this is subjective, as illustrated by the size of implants your consulting surgeon's recommended which may be different to your expectations. While I prefer a more natural slope, some women clearly state that they want to be full on top or larger in size. I will want to meet her goals it they are reasonable and can be achieved. Bring pictures of results that you find beautiful from the web and magazines and consider finding a surgeon that has a Vectra 3D imager to get an idea of different implant sizes in your body. Most importantly, your surgeon should listen to your expectations and do their best to meet them. I use formulas to begin the conversation and to point out the concept of implant size based on anatomic dimensions. Within the dimensions there are different implant profiles/projections which are designed to provide enhancement depending on the breast volume. A thorough evaluation and good communication with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who you feel comfortable with is key. It is your goals that matter. 

David R. Stephens, MD

Choosing natural implants.

+1

Implant sizes are very diffucult to determine without an exam and a few measurements. I would suggest going for a second opinion and bring photos to help explain your expectations.  I would also suggest bring photos of what you think is natural and not so natural.  Communication with your surgeon is necessary in obtaining the most desirable results.