What Would You Recommend for Small Asian Frame Seeking Natural Looking Breast Implants?

I am 25 y.o asian, weigh 90 pounds, and am 5f1. I am seeking recommendations on what type of implant you would recommend for my small frame. The photos I've seen of implant goals are of patients with 150-230cc's with moderate or high profile projection. I had one initial consult and the Dr encouraged cc's that were higher, insinuating that a natural look would be a waste of going through plastic surgery. Any advice would be grateful appreciated! Thanks.

Size Concerns in Smaller Individual for Breast Augmentation

+1

I always try to guide patients as they are sizing.  To give an idea of what is average, the average breast implant placed in the US is 350 ml.  Therefore, 150 cc implant would be very small.  However, I never have a problem putting in a smaller implant.  It is always a technically easier operation.  

Small frame and implants

+1

I treat alot of women like you in NYC.  While you sound like a good candidate for implants, the only way to properly evaluate you is by seeing you in person and performing an exam and discussing your goals.  Without that it is impossible to say what is best.

Small frame and breast implants.

+1

Thanks for sharing your story. It seems you're pretty petite. It also sounds like you didin't have a good consult with the surgeon you saw. It's always a good idea to get at least 3 consultations before having surgery. Next time, be sure you a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Natural Looking Breast Implants?

+1

Without a photo of some additional measurements it is not easy to give much useful advice. If you have a chance to try on implants, I find that to be a useful tool in choosing implant size. At your size, the range of implants you seem to prefer will have a visible change. I would think about getting additional consultations until you find someone who seems to be listening to you.  

RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Small frame Asian patients do well with small implants

+1

For your frame, it would not be unusual to have a narrow breast diameter. The implants that work in this diameter are in the 220-280cc range. I'm in agreement with you that the sizes you mention are probably a good fit for you.

I prefer the moderate plus implants; the high profile implants work if the surgeon is willing to underfill them (but has higher incidence of deflation).

Also, it may be worth considering a saline implant because Asian skin does not hide the larger incision required by silicone implants.

Implants

+1

i would advise you to find a surgeon that shares your expectations and who can deliver them also. The high profile implant is not right for many patients and do not provide natural results

Natural breasts

+1

Regardless of the woman's size, the goal for breast enhancement/augmentation should be to provide a beautiful shape. Often this is subjective, as illustrated by the size of implants your consulting surgeon's recommended which may be different to your expectations. While I prefer a more natural slope, some women clearly state that they want to be full on top or larger in size. I will want to meet her goals it they are reasonable and can be achieved. Bring pictures of results that you find beautiful from the web and magazines and consider finding a surgeon that has a Vectra 3D imager to get an idea of different implant sizes in your body. Most importantly, your surgeon should listen to your expectations and do their best to meet them. I use formulas to begin the conversation and to point out the concept of implant size based on anatomic dimensions. Within the dimensions there are different implant profiles/projections which are designed to provide enhancement depending on the breast volume. A thorough evaluation and good communication with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who you feel comfortable with is key. It is your goals that matter. 

Choosing natural implants.

+1

Implant sizes are very diffucult to determine without an exam and a few measurements. I would suggest going for a second opinion and bring photos to help explain your expectations.  I would also suggest bring photos of what you think is natural and not so natural.  Communication with your surgeon is necessary in obtaining the most desirable results. 

May consider tear dropped shaped gel implants

+1

I have found that it can be difficult to shape the breast of an asian.   The breast tissue and skin can be thicker than found in caucasians.  In order to give the breast some definition there is another choice other than a high profile implant.  The formed tear dropped shaped implants now available in the US by Sientra are a viable alternative an may give you the shape that you desire.     

Implant size selection to achieve your goals

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.