Radiesse Swelling

How long is typical for swelling after Radiesse has been injected?

Post-Radiesse swelling

+4

To be conservative, swelling can last up to a week. However, in many cases, swelling/bruising is gone within four days or sooner.  I caution patients not to book treatments right before an important event, like a wedding or vacation, but to do so two weeks in advance.  Also, it's wise to stop taking aspirin or other blood thinners prior to a Radiesse treatment to reduce swelling.  And, finally, I can't say enough about the value of post-procedure ice packs for the first 48 hours.  The important thing is to recognize that swelling can occur, that everyone reacts differently and to plan ahead!

Radiesse Does swell more than Restylane and Perlane!

+3

Radiesse can sometimes have significant swelling.  It's worse the first night, and then quickly resolves.  Over the next two days it continues to decrease.  If I had an important date, I would give myself at least a week to recover.  I would give myself 6 weeks prior to a wedding, in case I got a significant bruise.

• Try a Hyaluronic Acid filler first like Restylane or Perlane
  • Consider Radiesse if you need more "umph".
  • We've had less swelling since using the micro cannula for Radiesse patients.
  • Radiesse is the best for non-surgical chin augmentation.

Good luck finding information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Radiesse

+3

Swelling after any filler may depend on:

1. Location of face, e.g. the tear trough of the upper cheek may swell more than the mid cheek

2. How many injections were needed

3. What size needle was used

4. How much product was used

5. How fast or slow the needle was inserted and the product injected

In general one to two days of swelling can be expected, but it could last even more than a week, and bruising can be minimal to moderate lasting a few days to two weeks. There has been at least one medical study discussing the merits of using Arnica montana, an herb,taken orally, to reduce swelling after facelifts, and this may help with swelling of fillers as well, and may reduce bruising too.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Swelling with Radiesse: 3-4 hours, 3-4 days, 3-4 months

+3

This varies tremendously among patients with some showing little or no swelling. This may also be effected by the amount of anesthetic utilized (3-4 hours). Typically most of the acute swelling lasts 3-4 days. However, it is important to realize that it is essentially consists of two primary components: one of which takes about 3-4 monhts months to absorb. This canbe interepreted by some patients as a loss of volume

Radiesse swelling could last up to 2 weeks.

+2

Radiesse has a mild amount of swelling for about more than one week. Radiesse swelling could last up to 2 weeks.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Radiesse Swelling 2-3 days usually

+2
A good example is injection of the nasolabial folds. It can feel like hardness under your skin, and can even come down to your mid upper lip. This seems odd to people as it isn't typically injected there. Basically gravity pulls the swelling down toward your upper lip, chin and jawline, but don't worry, it's just swelling, not Radiesse that is drifting downward.

Daniel J. Ladd Jr., DO
Austin Dermatologist

Mild swelling for 48-72 hours after Radiesse injection is typical.

+2

Radiesse has a mild amount of swelling for about 48-72 hours. I counsel clients that this swelling is mostly noticeable when it goes DOWN, and tends to be a bit more marked in the lower face areas..

Debra Irizarry, MD
Crestone Plastic Surgeon

Swelling with fillers

+2

Fillers are injected with a fine needle, and may leave some bruising, discomfort, and swelling.  For the most part, all are mild.  The swelling may last a few days to about a week or so.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Radiesse swelling

+1
Radiesse swells less than some if the hyaluronic acid fillers, and many patients do not notice it at all, although I can detect a little swelling for up to two weeks in my patients.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Bruisestick ointment over Radiesse injections to minimize bruising and swelling

+1

Swelling is usually not long after Radiesse injections. If you are concerned, I would recommend Bruisestick ointment to massage over the area immediately after injection. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS