Question About Imuran (Azathioprine) and Gentle YAG Long Pulse 1064nm Laser Treatment. What Laser?

To remove blue veins around the eyes. Hi, can taking the medication Imuran (Azathioprine) have any effect on getting the procedure done that uses the Gentle YAG long pulse 1064nm laser treatment to remove blue veins around the eyes? Can Imuran (Azathioprine) possibly negatively affect the results of this procedure? You see, Imuran (Azathioprine) suppresses the immune system and I heard it can also affect bleeding and cause skin sensitivity too.

Laser Vein Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. Laser treatments are noninvasive so Imuran shouldn’t affect your procedure, but it's always best to let your MD know to get a medical clearance since your MD knows your medical history. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist