Monolid Creation Surgery?

I personally really like the look of asian eyes, but I have caucasian double lids, and I was wondering if it would be possible to get a surgery to CREATE a monolid and about how much is would cost + downtime etc.

Creating an Asian looking eyelid

+3

Caucasian eyelids typically have a well formed eyelid crease whereas some Asian eyelids have a minimal or absent lid crease. Making a Caucasian eyelid crease disappear is difficult but can be performed. It would require both dissecting subcutaneous fibers which essentially form the eyelid crease and fat transfer in this plane to ensure the crease does not reform.

Monterey Oculoplastic Surgeon

Oriental eye

+2

You want to have an oriental eye lid.

I do not think it is done very frequently. in theory it can be done but you need to accept to try a surgery that is not done frequently

Surgery to create monolid not recommended

+1

It is impossible to create monolids out of Caucasian eyelids. Once the crease is there it is impossible to get rid of.  

Surgery is not recommended

+1

The crease can be made smaller but not completely erased. If the goal is to alter the appearance of one's race, the entire boney orbit and forehead area would need to be changed - it's not just the eye fold that makes gives someone the appearance of a particular ethnicity.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS