When Can I Start "Washing my Eyes" After Double Eyelid Surgery?

Hi, I recently got double eyelid surgery and was wondering when I could start washing my eyes. I am currently washing my face carefully avoiding my eyes and making sure that water doesn't touch my eyelids. I wanted to start wearing eye makeup again but I'm afraid that I might damage the sutures while trying to remove my makeup.

Wash eyelids carefully three days after surgery

+1

After eyelid surgery you can start cleaning your eyelids with a cotton tip applicator and hydrogen peroxide within one day after surgery.  After about three days you can begin to gently washing your eyelids with water and pat dry with a clean towel.  You should be careful not to rub your eyes for at least two weeks.

+1

Dear shiningstar,

I would ask your surgeon these questions, as there are many different practices and techniques. Good luck with your recovery.

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

+1

You should get all post-op advice from your surgeon.  Differences in technique would preclude another physician from answering that question for you.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian Eyelid Surgery Postop

+1

You really must ask your surgeon that question.  It is not fair for other surgeons to answer that for you.

Samuel Lam, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative Instructions

+1

The best advice I can give is that you should follow the postoperative instructions given to you by your Surgeon and no-one else.  A well trained, well organized Surgeon should have specific instructions (typically in written form) outlining the do's and don'ts after surgery.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Follow your surgeon's advice

+1

This is an excellent question to ask your surgeon and not others who did not perform the surgery. Your surgeon may have used certain techniques and have a specific protocol in place which they feel is essential to an excellent outcome.