When Can I Start "Washing my Eyes" After Double Eyelid Surgery?

Hi, I recently got double eyelid surgery and was wondering when I could start washing my eyes. I am currently washing my face carefully avoiding my eyes and making sure that water doesn't touch my eyelids. I wanted to start wearing eye makeup again but I'm afraid that I might damage the sutures while trying to remove my makeup.

Wash eyelids carefully three days after surgery

+1

After eyelid surgery you can start cleaning your eyelids with a cotton tip applicator and hydrogen peroxide within one day after surgery.  After about three days you can begin to gently washing your eyelids with water and pat dry with a clean towel.  You should be careful not to rub your eyes for at least two weeks.

+1

Dear shiningstar,

I would ask your surgeon these questions, as there are many different practices and techniques. Good luck with your recovery.

Larry Fan, MD

+1

You should get all post-op advice from your surgeon.  Differences in technique would preclude another physician from answering that question for you.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian Eyelid Surgery Postop

+1

You really must ask your surgeon that question.  It is not fair for other surgeons to answer that for you.

Web reference: http://www.lamfacialplastics.com/procedures/asian-cosmetic-surgery/

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative Instructions

+1

The best advice I can give is that you should follow the postoperative instructions given to you by your Surgeon and no-one else.  A well trained, well organized Surgeon should have specific instructions (typically in written form) outlining the do's and don'ts after surgery.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Follow your surgeon's advice

+1

This is an excellent question to ask your surgeon and not others who did not perform the surgery. Your surgeon may have used certain techniques and have a specific protocol in place which they feel is essential to an excellent outcome.