Is 14 Too Young to Get Double Eyelid Surgery?

I'm a female who's going to be a freshman in highschool soon. I was wondering if I am the appropriate age to get double eyelid surgery. I've been using double eyelid glue for about a year now and found that it made me very self-conscious. I want to get double eyelid surgery but I heard that faces mature as they grow older. If I get the surgery now, will it look different as my face changes? Also, I was wondering if it's better to get the surgery before or after braces. Thanks in advance!

Age 14 for eyelid surgery would be considered too young in the US

+1

In the US age 16 is the common lower age limit for aesthetic surgery (such as nose surgery) and an argument could be made for age 16. It can be as early as age 6 for "dumbo" ears.

In Asia it is not unusual to do the surgery at age 14, although age 16 is probably more common. Social situations are part of the factors that go into the timing of surgery (for example, are you been teased or bullied in school). In general, age 14 your may physically be OK for surgery, but your body self-perception will be more stable around age 16.

Age 14 still too young

+1

Age 14 is probably too young to have Asian eyelid surgery.  I would recommend waiting until age 18-20.  The reason is that your eyelids are still growing and changing more at age 14 than at a later age.

Double eye lid surgery

+1

You are too young for elective surgery.

Wait till you are 18-21 then you can make a decision. Remember your beauty is in your ethnicity