Do I Qualify for a Tummy Tuck to Be Paid for by Saskatchewan Health Care?

I met with my GP in Swift Current because I keep getting skin infections under my 'flap' from my C-Sections (twins the 1st time, singleton the next time). He told me due to my C-Sections and skin rashes/infections I probably qualify to have a Tummy Tuck paid for from the province and has sent a referral to a Regina, Saskatchewan plastic surgeon. Is this too good to be true?

Tummy Tuck and Insurance Coverage?

+2

Your plastic surgeon, knowing your history and physical examination (and probably having more experience with the healthcare system involved),  is in the best position to advise you about the chances that the procedure will be covered.  It is possible that because of your skin  “infections” that it will be considered a medically necessary procedure. Make sure you clarify if a panniculectomy or tummy tuck operation is being considered.