Will Putting Filler in my Cheeks Tighten my Jawline?

I have early signs of pre-jowling...My cheeks are hollowing. I am only 31. I am wanting a straight jawline without putting filler it. I just want to fill the main source of my problems, my cheeks. I heard it would help pre-jowls but how much? Enough too straighten, very mild jowling..

Filling one area to lift another

+3

Volume enhancement of one area to lift another is the current state of the art in facial volume replacemnt, or so to speak, a liquid facelift. Placing filler in the upper and mid cheek would provide some lift in the lower face, but filler placed in the so called "marionette" area and in the chin will create a forward projecting lift in the same manner and would enhance the outcome.

Miami Dermatologist

Fillers and Botox can camouflage early jowls

+2

For people who are either too young or not ready for surgical correction of jowls (Facelift or liposuction or both), using fillers and Botox can soften the appearance of this area. Fillers in the cheeks doesn't literally lift jowls but by filling hollow cheeks jowls blend in more with the face. Filler can also be used in the pre-jowl area we call Marionette lines. Botox can help as well by relaxing the muscles that pull on the corners of the mouth called the DAO (depressor anguli oris) and upper neck muscle called the platysma. Nothing beats surgery but there are a number of ways to put off surgery for years.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Fillers for jowls

+1

Over time, we lose bone and fat, which equals hollows and volume loss in the face.  Filler are a great way to replace volume and rejuvenate folds.  Injecting the cheeks can help restore youthful cheekbones and improves nasolabial folds.  For the jowls, filler can be placed along the jawline, in the marionette lines, and lower face.  Often, a combination of fillers can be used for natural, soft results.  As always, filler injections should be performed by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with cosmetic experience.

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist