Can I Put Cotton Between Skin and Compression Garment?

I wonder if I can put a cotton short under the compression garmet after wet liposuction?? It has been 3 days since the surgery. I see a rash on the inner and outer thighs were the compression garment is rubbing and I am red raw and black. Is this normal?

Compression garment after liposuction

+1

black and blue is normal but rawness is not and may be from an ill-fitting garment. Speak to your doctor and see if you need to order a different garment and let your physician see you to examine the rawness to see if needs treatment.

Cotton under compression garments

+1

As has been said, check with your doctor about this but on occasion, it is reasonable to wear a cotton t-shirt or other clothing under a compression garment if the fabric of that garment irritates your skin.

Rawness under compression garment

+1

I would speak to your doctor to see what he suggests. If the garment is digging in too much it may be too tight. 

Drainage and leakage after liposuction

+1

I would confer with your surgeon. Black and blue (really purple) is normal. True black skin is not normal. Typically drainage occurs for 12-18 hours and stops. Drainage beyond 24 hours may be a concern.