Can Punch Graft Treatment Help Remove Acne Holes on Nose?

Can punch graft treament help remove acne holes on nose?

Punch graft for acne holes

+1

Yes this can help. But be prepared for different skin in the punch graft. The holes can also be lifted and then re closed or TCA could help through the CROSS method.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Punch Grafting Can Work For Certain Acne Scars

+1

There are many different types of acne scars and many different techniques for correcting acne scars.  For "holes" (or at least what I interpret holes to mean), punch excision/grafting can be effective.  As mentioned by others, it is a minor procedure and requires minimal downtime.  Generally speaking, in our office, we attain excellent results for our acne scar patients with injectable liquid silicone and resurfacing techniques such as electrodessication (light burning of the skin). I personally think lasers are overrated for improving acne scars. Click on the link below to see before and after photos of patients with acne scars treated with liquid injectable silicone. 

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=24

Fraxel laser for acne scars on nose

+1

The nose is one area that can be forgiving to aggressive skin resurfacing procedures. In the correct skin type, aggressive dermabrasion or Co2 Fraxel repair laser treatment might solve the problem.  Discuss with your dermatologist the best options for you.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-fraxel-laser/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Pitted scars on the nose are very hard to fix.

+1

If you have oily skin and have a pitted scar on the nose punched out, the oil produced by the oil glands in the nose may prevent the punch from healing and leave another scar.  When punching pitted scars out on oily skin, I often put the patient on one week of Accutane before and after the procedure to reduce the oil that is produced.   This has worked well for many of my patients.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Punch grafts for acne scars

+1

Yes, punch grafting can help treat acne scars.  It is a minor surgical procedure and usually takes several treatments.  The best treatment I have found for acne scars includes a combination of silicone injections and a series of Fraxel treatments.  

Removing Acne Scar Holes

+1

For those reading this who may not know, punch grafting is where a small circle containing the scar is removed and normal skin is put in its place. We often take the normal skin from behind the ear where it will not be missed or seen.

Punch grafting can work well if you are patient and realize it is a process that may take several treatments. Temporarily the areas that are worked on may be puffy with a definite border. Often it takes a dermabrasion treatment one month later to make the area one level and smooth. So it may take several months to see the final result. However, the results last forever and make it worth the wait.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon