Does the Punch Excision Treatment for Scarred Pores Work on the Nose?

I have 2 scarred pores on my nose which are very noticeable and resemble icepick scars.Ive tried laser treatments,but that just made things worse.

Punch excision should not be first choice

+1

This area is one of the more tricky areas for punch excision and other less invasive remedies and alternatives should be tried first

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Punch excision of large or dilated pores can be effective all over the face.

+1

Punch excision of large or dilated pores can be effective all over the face. The more sebaceous skin of the nose is a harder area in which to achieve the best scars, but usually the result is better than the original hole. Dermabrasion is also an effective way to further improve scars on the nose 6-8 weeks after surgery.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Punch excision of scarred pores

+1

Typically punch excision of scarred pores followed by CO2 laser abrasion 6-8 weeks later is an effective treatment. That being said, the nose is more tricky due to the three dimension aspect of the nasal skin. If it is located at or near the tip, it might best be to avoid the procedure due to risk of making the scarring worse. If it is along the dorsum or bridge of the nose it is more effective and less risky due to the skin type and straightness in that area. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon