Puffy Nipples Month After Gynecomastia Surgery, Is This Normal? (photo)

hi, i had gyno surgery 4 weeks ago now on both sides via lipo & incision, i have noticed a big difference in the right areola as it is only a little bit puffy now, However my left areola is still puffy, is this normal at 4 weeks ? whats causing this? any help?? my surgeon has said he doesn't know if its going to get flatter and hes ment to be one of the best in the uk.

Puffy nipples

+1

Obviously it is too early to say what is going on but if the nipple areolar complex does not shrink over time you may benefit from further surgery

Brea Plastic Surgeon

Too early to know if puffy nipples will resolve after gynecomastia surgery

+1

Many times puffy nipples in males is associated with gynecomastia. When the gynecomastia is corrected the nipples generally shrink down as well.   You just need more time for the condition to resolve.  

Gynecomastia Surgery Results?

+1

Thank you for the question  I have pictures.

It is still too early to evaluate the end results of your surgery. Keep in mind, that some asymmetry is likely to be present after any  type of surgical procedure. It will be much better to have slight “puffiness” as opposed to a crater deformity secondary to over resection.

I would suggest that you allow for several more months to pass before you evaluate the end results of the procedure. In the meantime, refrain from unnecessary “worry” (since this does not help),  allow time for skin contraction, and continue close folow up with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_gynecomastia.htm

Puffy Nipples Month After Gynecomastia Surgery, Is This Normal?

+1

The posted photos demonstrate a very EARLY healing of the N/A complexes. Allow at least 2 months before concerning yourself about further revision.  

Puffiness of areola

+1

Puffiness in the areola may be dues to swelling.  It is too early to see the final result. Give it some more time.

Nipple puffiness after gynecomastia correction

+1

Four weeks postop, this wouldn't be unusual and will need to settle down.  If you are unhappy with the shape of the nipple in the future, it can certainly be revised but this is nothing to rush into.

Gynecomastia correction can be successfully revised.

+1

Hi.

Of course you should not do anything for four months, but I am afraid you may eventually be happier with a revision.  You will probably benefit by nipple flattening and reduction, on both sides.

Recovery after gynecomastia surgery

+1

From your photos, you look like you are doing great.  Four weeks is far too early to come to any conclusions about your result.  Be patient, and follow up with your surgeon.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon