Ptosis Surgery (LPS Resection) Recovery Time?

I had LPS resection where the surgeon put the incision under the eyelid. He used dissolvable stitches and said it will take up to 4 weeks for them to dissolve. This was 5 days ago and I still dont see any results. If at all, the eye looks smaller and there is some swelling. I am seeing double and blurry with that eye. The eye seems to close fully. How long does the swelling last? Is the double-vision/blurryness normal? When will it resolve?

Eyelid surgery healing

+3

It can take up to 6 months to see final results of your eyelid surgery, although the majority of the swelling will be gone by 4-6 weeks after surgery.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

5 days is very early from this type of surgery.

+2

Swelling in the eyelid cause the lid to be heavy.  It is much like pasting a coin to the eyelid.  It will weigh it down.  As the swelling resolves, the eyelid position often dramatically improves.  This can be a slow process.  The swelling really has little to do with the type of suture used.

Ptosis surgery recovery time

+2

It's very early.  I would wait about 2 to 3 weeks before beginning to judge the results.  Also, follow up with your surgeon closely.  He/she will guide you through this.  Don't worry, you'll do great but follow up with your surgeon. 5 days is just too early to tell

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Http://seattleface.com/html/ptosis.php

+1

The suture can be an ocular surface irritant which will cause mucous production and some surface irregularity that is likely causing your "double vision/blurriness". This will improve over time, as will the swelling. If by 1 month you see absolutely no improvement in your eyelid position, the surgery may have been ineffective. Five days is not nearly enough time for you to be worried.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon