Ptosis Surgery and a Nose Job?

I want to get ptosis surgery done with an eyelid surgeon professionally but within the 8 months I have , I am wondering , will an eyelid surgeon also do a nose job for me. Also , 8 months after my ptosis surgery can I go travelling for 3 months , where I will be scuba diving , bunji jumping etc.. and will my new eyelids be like my old ones , my new permament style - until ageing x

Simultaneous nose and eyelid surgery

+1

It may be possible to do both procedures at the same time so you should inquire of your eye surgeon about that possibility. If not they can be done within a reasonable proximity of each other. Good luck in your area.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combination procedures can be performed for the nose and eyelids.

+1

Whoever does your operations should be familiar with both nose and eyelid surgery. They can be done safely concurrently. Activity after the operation is at the discretion of your surgeon.

Ptosis Surgery and a Nose Job?

+1

It is perfectly reasonable to have these procedures performed at the same time. With regard to who should perform these procedures for you this depends on the skill set of your chosen surgeon. If you choose an Oculoplastic Surgeon to perform your ptosis repair, they will not offer you a rhinoplasty. If you choose an expert rhinoplasty surgeon they might or might not have significant ptosis repair experience. The best advice I can offer you is to ensure that your surgeon, or surgeons, are highly experienced with their part(s) of the procedure. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis and Rhinoplasty

+1

Having ptosis repair and rhinoplasty is more common than you might think.  If you seek a facial plastic surgeon, (s)he may be able to do both for you at the same time.  Alternatively, (s)he may work closely with an oculoplastic surgeon and both procedures can be done simultaneously.  Although it depends on how bad your ptosis is and what approach/technique is used to repair it, 8 months to heal should be sufficient.   Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Ptosis and rhinoplasty

+1

Ptosis and rhinoplasty are two very sub- specialized procedures, so is probably best look for oculoplastic surgeon to perform the ptosis repair and a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon perform the nasal surgery.

Qualified Plastic Surgeon can help you

+1

A board certified plastic surgeon is trained and qualified to help with both of your procedures.  The timing of the procedures and the recovery limitations can be discussed at that time.  Try to have the procedures at least 6 weeks before your planned travel and activities.  Best Wishes Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon