Extra Fold of Skin Under Eyes? (photo)

I have an extra fold or wrinkle under the entire lower eyelid of each eye. Is there a medical term for this? My sister has it as well and think it might be genetic. I want to get it completely removed. I do not have bags or puffiness so Im hoping this can be as least invasive as possible. I think the wrinkle is too deep for botox to fill it in. Any approximate price for this procedure in NY and what it the heeling process like? thank you

Lower lid bags and hollows

+1

From what the picture shows, you may have some hollowing to your lower lid area with early herniation of your fat pockets.  You should see a plastic surgeon that is specialized in eyelid surgery to properly examine you and give you the best recommendations. You may be a candidate for fillers (ie hyaluronic acid fillers) and/or eyelid surgery. Good luck.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Extra Fold of Skin Under Eyes?

+1

Filler to the tear trough will help the appearance to some extent.  You look young, but removal of fat or fat transposition may be reasonable as well. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Herniated fat in tear trough abnormality can be fixed in one operation.

+1

From the picture looks as though there may be some herniated fat in the lower eyelid next to a tear trough abnormality. The surplus fat can be translocated into the tear trough to fix both problems.

Lower lid issue

+1

It looks like from the photos that you  may have some hernaited fat that could be amenable to a lower lid surgical procedure. Best to be evaluated in person. Good luck.

Wrinkles/ puffiness under eyelids

+1

The extra fold of tissue underneath the eyelid is herniated fat in the medial compartment of the lower lid. A trans-conjunctival approach( from inside the eyelid) will remove the fat creating the puffiness and tired look. When there is excess skin present, a small pinch technique is used to remove excess lower lid skin. Our price list and blepharoplasty photo gallery is on the link below

Lower eyelid bags

+1

The photo you sent appears to demonstrate bulges of the lower eyelid which respond well to surgical treatment. Blepharoplast performed through a transconjunctival approach can usually make eyelids like this look better. Botox  will not help your situatio. Perhaps what you are calling a wrinkle is relative depression below the herniating ( bulging) fat of the lower eyelids. Perhaps if I were to see you in person, this analysis might be different. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon