I Have Psoriasis - Can I Still Get Laser Tx for Acne Scars?

I have mild plaque psoriasis (on elbows and back of calfs primarily). I also have old acne scars from cystic acne on my cheeks. I would like to get Deepfx treatment but am concerned about psoriasis flare-up on my face. Do you recommend laser treatment if I also have psoriasis? If not, is there another treatment recommended for scar reduction/removal? Thank you Jenni

Psoriasis and Laser Treatment

+1
Thank you for your question. You will first need a clearance from your Dermatologist managing the psoriasis, then you can have the treatment. I hope this helps.
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Flare unlikely but do a test area to be sure

+1

Hi,

Localized psoriasis is very common, and it is well known that trauma to the skin such as a sunburn can trigger a flare.  However, I am not aware of any reports of fractional laser resurfacing triggering a flare on the face.  However, you can always treat just a small test area with a few pulses with the Deep FX to see how you respond to be safe.

Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon