What Procedures Will Help Me Get a More Hourglass Shape?

I've always had sort of a stocky, straight shape (not overweight, just not very shapely). My waist doesn't taper in very much, and I just don't look curvy. My ideal would be to get a look like Salma Hayek... her curves are to die for! Could plastic surgery make this possible?

Creating an "hourglass" shape

The "apple" type body can be very difficult to correct. This may be due to genetics as well as visceral fatty deposits. Some reports of removing ribs to create a waistline are one of the more extreme measures used. Generally, traditional methods include Breast implants with tummy tuck and musculofascial plication with possible fat grafting to the hips/buttocks and liposuction of the outer/inner thighs.