What procedure can be done to my crooked nose? (Photo)

As a boy I was gifted with a pleasing nose. But somehow as I grew through puberty it grew out of line and on one side (on the top right of the bridge) it has a sharp bit of cartilage sticking out. What procedure can be done to achieve symmetry and straightness without affecting the tip or lower part of the nose? How precise are you able to shape the upper bridge given the pictures I have shown? What are the risks? Will the tip be unintentionally affected by just working on the upper bridge?

What procedure can be done to my crooked nose?

+1
The hump can be reduced and the nose straightened through a closed rhinoplasty approach without a visible scar to produce a natural result.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty for crooked bridge and asymmetrical nose

+1
The  dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage  and is quite evident in patients with thin skin as in this photograph. Shaving down  the hump and can be accomplished to make the dorsal hump removed, and then osteotomies will be required of the nasal bones to straighten and narrow them. The rhinoplasty procedure is an outpatient surgical procedure that takes approximately an hour and a half under  general anesthesia and expect 10 to 14  days of visible bruising and swelling after the procedure. For made examples, please see link below  to our rhinoplasty photo gallery

Rhinoplasty

+1
You could have improvement with a rhinoplasty but an exam in person is essential to determine what needs to be done.

Rhinoplasty candidate?

+1
Thank you for your question and for submitting photos. Attractive noses are those that have a pleasing proportion. With rhinoplasty we are taking the portions of one's nose that are out of proportion and putting them into better proportion. This is done by changing the boney and cartilaginous framework of the nose. Parts of your nose are out of proportion and could be brought into better proportion. The remainder of the nose, the parts you'd like preserved such as the tip, can be left unchanged. Changes in the upper part of the nose can be fairly precise. Risks of rhinoplasty are very small. It is important that you find a board certified plastic surgeon who does many rhinoplasties (not all plastic surgeons do.) Ask to see before and after photos.  

William McClure, MD