Best Procedure for Eliminating/improving Cellulite on Front of Thighs and Should I Wait Until Done Having Children? (photo)

I am 34, 5' 4" and 117lbs. I developed cellulite on the front of my thighs during pregnancy. Despite having lost the baby weight (45 lbs) and exercising and eating healthy it does not seem to be improving. I am hesitant to try lipo as I have heard that it can make cellulite worse and skin appear more saggy. Should I wait until I am done having children (as I seem to gain in my thighs) before having a procedure done? Am I a candidate for a thigh lift? Cellulaze?

Cellulite treatment

+1

If you truly have cellulite,  cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Cellulite and Pregnancy

+1

Cellulite and Pregnancy

If you are planning on having children in the next year or so, I would recommend waiting until after your last pregnancy before getting a procedure. Pregnancy and other hormonal changes in your body affect fat distribution, which will change the outcome. Waiting until you have plateaued and stabilized will give you the best and longest results.

Cellulaze has been proven to show better results even after only the first session. The outcome lasts one year or longer, but you may need followup sessions depending on the results. This will help with the cellulite, but as stated above, it is best to wait until after having children.

Preoperative obesity, cellulite, stretch marks, a history of back and forth (yo-yo) weight gain or loss, or loose, sagging, inelastic skin, are problems which would tend toward poor results during a liposuction. In fact, these problems may be exacerbated by liposuction and may be best addressed by other procedures such as a leg or body lift (e.g. tummy tuck to improve your appearance. Basically, liposuction does not cause cellulite if performed correctly (in the

right tissue plane and not removing excessive or uneven amounts), but the procedure may make existing cellulite more obvious or prominent.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Waiting for Cellulite treatment

+1

Unfortunately, it's difficult to give you an accurate answer with photographs.  An answer that is specifically tailored to your specific needs and concerns can only come from a face to face consultation and physical exam.  The only lasting and effective treatment we have found for Cellulite is Cellulaze.  You may be a candidate for Cellulaze even now. (Again, it's difficult to say with photographs) Cellulaze addresses cellulite and helps to tighten skin as well. A thigh lift may be unnecessary.  If you are looking for a non-surgical treatment that may provide some improvement to fat, cellulite and skin tightening, you may consider Tru-Sculpt.  For the best and most accurate answer for you, consider a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience with all of these procedures and technologies. Good luck. 

Grant Stevens, MD

Cellulaze

+1

Thanks for your questions

I would recommend Cellulaze for your cellulite once you have fully satbilized your weight and are done having children.

Cellulaze is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1
Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Best treatment for cellulite

+1

You appear to be an excellent candidate for treatment with Cellulaze.  You are correct that liposuction can sometimes worsen the appearance of cellulite.  Liposuction does not treat the anatomical cause of cellulite.  Only Cellulaze does with a laser designed specifically for Cellulite.  There is good long term follow up on patients that have very good results with one treatment with Cellulaze.  Waiting after children may be a good idea because the hormonal changes that occur in pregnancy may affect your final result.  However, there is no good data on that aspect of treatment.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD

Cellulaze for Cellulite

+1

Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

How do you treat cellulite?

+1

Cellulite is best treated with the new FDA approved Cellulaze.  Cellulite is not a problem of the fat (even very thin people can have cellulite) and therefore cannot be reliably treated with liposuction.  Cellulite is a problem of the skin and that is what Cellulaze treats.

You don't necessarily have to wait until after having children, but you need to make sure that you will have some help around the house for a week after the treatment to care for young ones.

Liposuction treats contour problems. If you're happy with your contour then you don't need liposuction -- you just need Cellulaze!

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze treats the cottage cheese appearance of cellulaze

+1
You are a candidate for Cellulaze to treat the cellulite on the front of the thighs and Smartlipo to reduce the excess fat on the inner thighs. You might want something on the outer thighs or back of the legs but I can't tell from those photos. You're not a candidate for thigh lift.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon