Best Procedure to Fix Indented Scar on Forehead? (photo)

I had an unexplained red swelling on my forehead a year ago and when it finally subsided, it left these ugly indent scars on my forehead. Whats the best way to fix this? Can some kind of filling or graft be used to fill in the indent? There's no pain or sensitivity in that area BTW Appreciate your responses.

Scar revision in Los Angeles

+1
Scar revision may be your best option to reduce scarring on the forehead.  Laser and subcision will only provide limited improvement. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Indented scars on forehead

+1

Hi, there are several ways to improve indented scars. As you mentioned fillers are an option but will only temporarily plump up the scars and you will need to re-inject them every so often. Grafting is not a good idea in that area. Lasers can also be used to help remodel and soften the scars. In my experience this would be the best way to approach these types of issues. I would recommend seeing someone with advanced training in lasers such as a dermatologist.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon