Love Handles: Best Procedure for Removal?

Hi I want to get a procedure that will remove my love handles and make my waistline shapley. Right now its straight waistline. What is it I need done?

Best procedure for love handles

+2

The best and most healthy way to decrease the size of your love handles is through diet and exercise.  If you've attempted those and are still carrying extra fat around your midsection liposuction may be the procedure for you.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Creating a curvaceous figure and remove love handles by liposculpture

+2

Every woman in southern California wants to know how to get a curvaceous figure while removing love handles. Liposculpture using the tumescent technique is the best and safest method by which excess fat of the waist area and love handles can be removed in order to create curves. most often this liposuction is combined with liposuction of the lower back to enhance the curves and the buttock appearance.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Treatment of love handles

+2

Love handles can be treated with the following methods, depending on the problem:

1.  Diet.  Losing weight always helps

2.  Liposuction.  This removes extra fat but doesn't tighten skin

3.  Resection.  This can be eigher a full tummy tuck or some version of a flankplasty, and is appropriate if the patients has lots of extra skin.

Your plastic surgeon can guide you as to which choice might be best for you.  Lots of factors are important to consider, like anticipated scars, wound healing of the patient,

Brent Moelleken, MD

Treatment of Love Handles?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The operation that is “best"  for you will be  based on your exact goals and physical examination. For example, “seeking a flat stomach” may mean different things to different people;  communication with your plastic surgeon in person is critical. If there is a failure to communicate exactly your goals are there is a high likelihood that you will be disappointed with the results of surgery. Some patients may achieve the results with liposuction surgery,  some patients may require an extended tummy tuck to achieve their goals.

I would suggest consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Contour and shape waist with liposuction

+1

If there is fatty tissue to remove, then liposuction may create the contour you wish. See a physician in consultation to determine your candidacy and learn of the procedure, its convalescence and risks.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Best Procedure for Removing Love Handles

+1

The best body contouring procedure for you is most likely either vaser-assisted or laser-assisted liposuction. I make this choice for my patients based on their exact requirements and anatomy but either technology, when properly chosen and performed, may give you a very nice recontouring of the waistline region.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

The best procedure for love handle.

+1
This area is the best area for liposuction. Usually contouring can be done in supine or lateral position. In prone position a comprehensive plan can be made to remove the love handles, narrow the waist and make the buttocks appear more prominent relative to the surrounding. Some of the fat removed can be transferred to the buttock for additional enhancement. This is when true sculpting can be done in plastic surgery. An artistic sence is extremely helpful to achieve great results.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear Andrea6801,

The waistline is formed by the 360 degree contour of the abdominal wall along with the overlying fat and skin (including the love handles and belly) and the surrounding rib cage and hip bones. Treatment options to contour the waist include weight loss, liposuction, tummy tuck, body lift, and Zeltiq. For the love handles alone, liposuction can work well if there is minimal loose skin. Zeltiq may also be worth considering. If there is a significant amount of loose skin, than a tuck procedure may also be necessary. I would consult with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for help.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Love handles

+1

This is a no brainer.Liposuction to this area is great.also this area is very refractory to exercise so lipo sometimes is one's only hope.Go for it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is usually the best solution

+1

The best procedure to remove unwanted fat from love handles is a liposuction. Liposuction is a surgical technique to remove unwanted fat deposits from different areas of body like abdomen, flanks, neck, upper arms, hips, buttocks, knees, calves. This method allows removing the fat tissue that is not responding to diet and exercise. The surgery is performed by using a cannula- small instrument attached to a vacuum source which provides the suction to remove the fatty tissue. The procedure can be  done under  general or local anesthesia. The recovery time can take up to 4 weeks but most people are back to work within a couple odf days

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD