Is It Okay to Use Proactiv and Retin a Together?

Ive always had mild acne, combination/oily skin. Proactiv has been the only product that has controlled my acne. I was using the 3 steps every morning and night. My derm recently prescribed retin a and hydroquinone cream for brown spots. I know bp and hydroquinone at the same time should be avoided but what about bp and retin a? Can I continue the bp at night followed by the retin a an hour later?

Benzoyl Peroxide and Topical Retinoids

+2

In the past, it has been difficult to create a stable combination topical medicine that contained both a retinoid and benzoyl peroxide.  Epiduo is a once a day topical acne prescription medicine that contains both ingredients and is well tolerated in most patients.  Some patients cannot tolerate the irritability of both a topical retinoid and benzoyl peroxide.

Houston Dermatologist