What To Expect For Pricing for my Gynecomastia? (photo)

I have been to several cosmetic doctors concerning my grade I gynecomastia. The low end has been 3000( in India) to 8900 ( San Francisco). I have had the condition for nearly 2 years now due to use of over the counter supplements called pro hormones. Max Muscle was and still is selling these legal steroids to customers, not truthfully telling people what the product converts to in your body. After a couple years of research, it is my understanding that its is an easy procedure lasting 30 minutes

Selecting Surgeon for Gynecomastia Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question of pictures.

Be very careful about your selection of surgeon. I would suggest that you consult with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons. I would also suggest that you be careful about selecting your surgeon based on cost.

I do not think that correctional gynecomastia is necessarily an “easy procedure” or that it necessarily lasts 30 min. Again, be careful;  if you end up needing revisionary surgery,  this may be even more challenging and/or expensive.

$4300 total cost for gynecomastia excision in Atlanta at Center for Plastic Surgery.

+1

The total fee for gynecomastia excision is $4300 (surgeon, anesthesia, facility).  If the specimen is sent to the pathologist, which is almost never indicated, there is an additional charge from the pathologist for that analysis.

Gynecomastia surgery

+1

Each city you will find wil lhave different prices. Gynecomastis surgery can be performed with liposuction and excisional techniques depending upon the quality of the tissue.  An exam is essential.

Gynecomastia pricing

+1
I agree that comparing SF to India is apples to oranges There are two methods of gynecomastia surgery, liposuction and open reduction, sometimes used in conjunction with one another. The determining factor on which technique is used is whether the tissue is fibrous or fatty. This can only be determined on physical examination but, given the size of your breasts, I believe that a normal circumareolar excision will be warranted. This is certainly not a 30 minute operation and would be priced accordingly.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Gynecomastia Surgery Pricing

+1

I personally have a fixed price for gynecomastia patients. Your note compares prices in San Francisco to India. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Gynecomastia treatment can be an easy and relatively cheap procedure.

+1

Hi there.

I would say that those prices are both quite high, once you consider the cost of the flight to India. There is also the added risk of being exposed to bacteria that your immune system is unfamiliar with and therefore a higher risk of infection in India.

It will also depend upon the nature of your problem. If it is the fatty layer of the breasts that needs to be treated (pseudogynecomastia) then a simple liposuction procedure with local anesthetic and sedation will suffice. If it is actual best tissue (Gynecomastia) then the procedure will involve more time, work and most likely general anesthetic. 

Are you still taking the steroids? It may be that after some time without them your body returns to it's normal shape. There are many other factors that could add to the problem such as prescription medications, recreational drugs and several medical conditions. 

Try to eliminate as many of these factors from your life as possible for a few months and see of that helps.

Sofia K. Kirk, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon