Post-Tummy Tuck Sex, Does the Penis Size Matter?

Does the size of the penis matter post tummy tuck? Will the Tummy Tuck be affected in any way?  How long should I wait if it is extremely large? Will I ever be able to feel safe, or will I always have to be gaurded?

Sex after tummy tuck

+3

I agree with my colleague. There should be a 4-6 week waiting period after tummy tuck prior to sexual intercourse. This is to prevent trauma to the incision line and underlying muscle stitches. The size of your partner's penis really should not make a difference as the diameter of the vagina is unaffected by the tummy tuck procedure. Once you have completely healed from the surgery, you can do whatever you desire without fear.

Regards,

Daniel A. Medalie, MD

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Sex after a tummy tuck

+3

It is prudent to wait about six weeks after a tummy tuck before resuming sexual activity.  Like other forms of exercise or vigorous activities resumption should be gradual in order not to hurt yourself.  Intercourse should be safe by that time and penis size should not be an issue.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon