Is It Ok to Get on Roller Coasters Etc After Tummy Tuck?

I am 7 weeks post op. doc said I was healing great due to my health, age and shape. planning a trip to the amusement park is it ok to get on rides like roller coasters or will I rip my sutures and or damage my surgery? I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair no lipo needed. Also is it ok to do some Zumba type of dancing? Thanks.

Rollercoaster after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Depending on the forces involved in the specific roller coaster you should be okay at this point in your recovery,  although  I would suggest starting with the more gentle rights and see how you do before progressing to more “aggressive” rides.

Out of courtesy please check with your plastic surgeon before your trip.

Activities after abdominoplasty

+1

After 6 weeks I tell my patients that after 6 weeks there are no restrictions with any activity including roller coasters.

Richard Dale Reynolds, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Activity after abdominoplasty

+1

Yes. Unless your surgeon feels otherwise you may resume all activities after 6 weeks.
Full wound healing occurs after six months, who would wait that long to go on a ride?

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

+1

Best to check directly with your chosen operative surgeon. He knows your history and recovery course better than we, the internet docs. In my personal patients I require at least 2 months of non strenuous activity. 

Roller coaster ride

+1

I prefer to have my pts wait 12 weeks for these high torque, unexpected movements.  this is worse than doing situps because the change in pressure on the muscle is over a very short period of time leading to high forces being focused on those relatively newly repaired muscles. it's just physics. has nothing to do with strength of the muscles and/or repair.

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after a tummy tuck

+1

Always follow your surgeon's instructions when you are recovering from procedures such as a tummy tuck.  Usually I have my patients resume exercise using slow and controlled motions starting approximately six weeks following surgery.  I prefer for my patients to wait several months before doing extreme or uncontrolled physical activities.  If you were my patient, I would prefer that you go for a long walk rather than ride the roller coaster at this point.

David Stoker, MD

Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) Recovery Time

+1

Dear Anastacia27 in Bridgeport, CT:

6 weeks is usually enough recovery time for a tummy tuck, but be certain to check with your surgeon to see if there are any special circumstances. Start slow and don't push it.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Roller coaster after tummy tuck

+1

I usually give my patients the thumbs up to resume normal activities 6 weeks after a tummy tuck.  I do however, warn that you should still listen to your body.  It will tell you if something is too strenuous by causing pain.  If you still have  occasional pain with certain movements then avoid them and try again in a week.  6 weeks is a very general rule and does not necessarily apply to everyone.  If your recovery has been uneventful and you are able to do most things without feeling the strain then you are probably good to go. 

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

When Can You Resume Activities after a Tummy tuck?

+1

Most people can resume all exercise and activities without limitations six weeks after a tummy tuck.  This includes swimming, dancing, Zumba and roller coasters.  However, before doing any of these you should double check with your plastic surgeon because there may be specific reasons related to your individual surgery that would have you wait longer.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon