Post Tummy Tuck Compression Garment for Mons Pubis, Which Brands are Best?

Helo Docs, I had a TT 3 weeks ago, my surgeon just had me in an abdominal binder and recommends spanx, however due to the binder rising, my mons pubis looks more swollen. What kind of garments are best? where can I purchase them? Spanx or medical grade? It seems as if the medical grade ones are expensive and only for the first 6 wks. so I would be paying $100 for 3 weeks.

Tummy Tuck

+2

I always use Spanxx, they put enough pressure, are cheaper and look better. So I would suggest those

Mons pubis swelling will subside

+2

The swelling in your mons pubis will be the last to go away largely because there is no compression there and there is compression above the mons.  There are many companies that sell compression garments that will place pressure on that area including marina medical products, but I suspect spanks will do just fine.

Dr Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Compression garment after tummy tuck to reduce swellling of mons

+2

I would look for something with more compression than Spanx. The medical grade garments are worth the money because they apply the compression where needed.   You can go to Sears or Nordstroms and look for a high waisted heavy weight girdle that has a tummy panel that extends down to the crotch.  You can use a pad over the mons to apply additional compression there.  However it is extremely important to show your surgeon, because too much pressure creasing in at the waist or on the skin just above the scar can harm the blood supply and affect wound healing, injure skin, or cause irregularity in contour.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Pubic swelling after tummy tuck

+1

Swelling in the mons pubis is common after tummy tuck, and even more so after liposuction in the abdomen. Gravity and the fact that most binders do not support your bottom pushes the swelling down into the mons. You don't need a special garment, and the Spanx will do. For those in an abdominal binder, a snug underpant or spandex short can help. The swelling is awkward but is gone in a week or two.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Tummy Tuck - Post Tummy Tuck Compression Garment for Mons Pubis, Which Brands are Best?

+1

That's a tough area to apply directed compression.

I would advise using Spanx or something similar (ie, less expensive), inserting a pad to apply specific compression and, finally, making sure with your plastic surgeon that whatever you're planning to do is okay.  It can take a long time for swelling to be absorbed from this highly vascular and dependent (lower down) area.  Sometimes, direct drainage of the area (ie, leaving a drain in place after lipo) may be beneficial but not always and, anyway, this is after the fact

For now, a less expensive garment is probably more than adequate.  Either way, though, check with your PS to be sure.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com