Plastic Surgery Procedure to Remove Fat from Armpits?

I have extra fat under my armspits. I am thinking about plastic surgery. I have the fat tissue on both sides for five years now. Because of this, I don't date. I wanted to know how much it will cost to remove it?

Removal of fat from armpits

+2

Your plastic surgeon can guide you through whether you have breast tissue in the armpit, excess weight on your body or excess fat in the armpit itself.

It is fairly straightforward to remove fat from the armpit for an experienced plastic surgeon. There are a number of important structures in the armpit such as the nerves to the arm, the blood vessels that supply the arm, the chest cavity with spaces between the ribs, and the lymph nodes that drain the arm. A plastic surgeon who is certified in both general surgery and plastic surgery has operated on each many times and is unlikely to injure them inadvertently.

The cost varies, depending on which of the above problems causes the fat in the armpit, from zero (weight loss) to many thousands for liposculpture of the axillary area.

Armpit fat

+2

First you have to diagnose what you call fat in the armpits. The breast gland does extend to the anterior or front part of armpit area and what may look as a bulge of fat can actually be breast gland. This gland, if fatty, can by suctioned, but if it is dense gland, it might need to be surgically excised. Suctioned directly into the armpit should done cautiously as there are major arteries, veins, and nerves in this area.

Armpit fullness

+1

Fullness in the axillary region may be axillary breast tissue. This can be treated by simple excision. If it is strictly fat, then it can be treated with liposuction.

Fullness in armpits: axillary fat or breast tissue?

+1

You may want to see a general surgeon to make sure that you don't have axillary breast tissue. This is breast tissue that extends to the armpit. It tends to demonstrate monthly variation like the rest of your breast tissue. It typically is best treated with excision through a small axillary scar.

Liposuction of under arms

+1

Yes, it is possible to perform liposuction of the underarms. The price varies from doctor to doctor and from city to city. On average, you should expect anywhere between $4000 and $10,000 total cost for the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com