Why Don't More Plastic Surgeons Do Butt Augmentations?

Is it because it's unsafe?  I've been thinking about getting a butt augmentation [via implants] but noticed there are NOT a lot of practicing physicians who do it. I am 23, 5'8", 130 pounds from the NJ area. I don't have enough fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift. Is there any reason why there is not a lot of surgeons who practice this? Is it because it's not safe or not recommended? The only physician I really found who is a proponent of it IMPLANTS is Mendiata and he's, from what I'm hearing, charging a small fortune.

Brazilian butt lift is the preferred butt augmentation surgery.

+1

The reason that butt implants are not as popular as Brazilian butt lift is because there is a high complication rate no matter how experienced the surgeon may be.  Since you sit on the implant, it is causing stress and the implant may shift in the pocket.  If you have enough fat, you should really think about Brazilian butt lift.

Problems, problems, problems

+1

Most qualified "real" plastic surgens shy away from this surgery because it is full of problems. You sit all the time and put stresses on these implants. They can shift and there are large nerves near them. Pad your pants.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD