What is the Difference Between Butt Injections and Butt Implants?

I am debating whether I want to get butt shots or the implants... I want to know the difference between the two and which would be better for me... I am 5"5 and weigh 106 pounds. I have a little booty back there but i woulkd like to enhance it more.

Butt Injections vs Butt Implants

+1
Brazilian butt lift (fat transfer to the buttock) is so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs. You currently have a very square shape (which is more common than most people realize).

The amount of fat needed depends on the shape and needs of each individual patient, however in general at least 500cc per buttock need to be placed to see a significant difference. On average patients typically receive around 800cc per buttock side for a total of 1600cc of fat transfer. However just like a breast augmentation the amount of fat needed various from patient to patients. Also the sculpting done with the liposuction is a big part of the procedure to improve the overall shape.

Unfortunately fat cannot be taken from someone else and used for augmentation. However if a patient has a BMI of 22 they typically will have enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift. If they are smaller than this then they will need to consider doing an augmentation with implants.

The butt implants are a good option for patients that are too thin for the Brazilian butt lift and want to enhance their shape. The implants give patients a good option.

Buttock Augmentation Lipoinjections (fat transfer) vs Butt Implants

+1

Difference Between Butt Fat Injections and Butt ImplantsFor a Butt Implant, a vertical incision is made in between the buttock cheeks in order to insert the implant under or over the gluteal muscles and under the connective tissue. The buttock implants do not have a soft, natural feeling to it, rather a harder, more muscular, “buns of steel” feel, though the look will be very pleasing to patients. The immediate recovery restricts sitting until there is adequate healing.

For a fat transfer, or lipoinjection, it involves harvesting fat from an unwanted area and then preparing it for transfer where it is injected into the buttocks as a living transplant.

Often times for the best appearance it is necessary to have more than one session for this procedure. There is little discomfort with fat transfer and the healing time is much shorter than that of an implant.

A lipoinjection procedure is usually safer and heals faster, but you may not have sufficient  fat from the rest of your body that can be transferred.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Difference between butt injections and implants.

+1

One of the ways women augment their buttocks is through buttock implants. However, many women prefer a butt lift using their own fat cells. This procedure is called the Brazilian butt lift, or autologous buttock augmentation. Using fat grafting has several benefits over implants. These include:

Avoiding use of implants or foreign material.
Treatment of multiple areas to enhance overall result.
Overall lower complication rates
Patient may benefit from losing fat from the donor sites, such as the abdomen (modified liposuction)
The waist posterior is treated with liposuction so that the Brazilian butt lift procedure is maximized. The donor cells are then injected into the buttock to the desired volume. This is performed with each buttock.

Enhancing the buttocks through the Brazilian butt lift creates a firmer, attractive and more prominent profile. Adding curves or enhancing curves to your body is one way to a fuller figure that many women envy.