Looking for Experienced Physician for Under Eye Fat Transfer in Europe

i have dark circles under my eyes and i am 27 y.o.It is blue colored but i don't have eye bags. i read many bad story about fat grafting under eyes and i am afraid to this. Is fat grafting for dark circles save or does it go wrong most of the time? I think maybe it depend on the experience of the doctor. My Question is: Is there physician who is highly experience in fat transplanttation under the eyes (for dark circles) in Europe? thank you.

Belgian fat transfer

Dr Patrick Tonnard is in Belgium and is well-respected and very experienced with fat transfer in the face.  I heard him speak in San Diego recently and was very impressed.  Just Google his name and you can find a link to his site.

Good luck!

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfers for Lower Lid Pigmentation

Fat transfer to the lower lid will not change skin pigmentation. It would be better to use bleaching creams or laser treatments.

Physician in Europe

In my experience, bluish discoloration by itself does not resolve with fat injections. Pigmentation can be improved with Teamine. Fat is for hollows that may cause shadows. 

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Dark circles underneath the lower eyelids

Usually dark color of the lower eyelids is very hard to correct.  It is either a vascular flow situation or a pigment problem.  Sometimes a shadow is created by depressions in this area and that can make it dark too.  Some topical agents help a few patients while they don't seem to help most.  Laser resurfacing has not been very helpful and fillers only seem to help those with contour deficits.  If fillers are injected between the muscle and skin to hide the blood flow coloration, then there is a higher chance of developing lumps underneath the skin.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyelid skin pigmentation

Eyelid skin pigmentation is often a result of the thin skin of the eyelid allowing the visibility of the muscle underneath. The way that fat grafting might help is by layering between the skin and muscle. Unfortunately, this is a very risky technique due the possibility of "lumpy bumpy"ness of the fat being quite visible through this thin skin.

Then you will have exchanged one problem [pigmentation] for another [lumpiness]. There are some fat transfer surgeons whom have a lot of expertise and may be able to offer this. I would be quite cautious and see if they have before/after photos to back up their claim.

Procede with extreme caution.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon